FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PANASONIC TO HIGHLIGHT NEW PRO AV SOLUTIONS AT INFOCOMM 2012
New professional projectors, displays, digital signage solutions as well as recently introduced office, classroom and video production technologies on display
Secaucus, NJ, June 13, 2012 – Panasonic, a leader in delivering technology solutions for government, enterprise, education, hospitality and SMB markets, today announced it will introduce a number of new professional audio visual technologies – including projectors, displays and digital signage solutions – at InfoComm 2012 in Las Vegas (booth C6308). Detailed information on all new Panasonic products introduced at InfoComm 2012 can be found on the company’s InfoComm microsite: http://www.panasonic.com/infocomm.
At InfoComm 2012, Panasonic will showcase its portfolio of products in vertical market application environments, allowing customers and prospects to better visualize solutions designed to meet their particular needs. Products to be highlighted in these scenarios include flat panel displays and digital signage solutions, large and small venue projectors, professional video cameras and switchers, document management systems, IP phone solutions, interactive whiteboards, mobile computers, classroom audio solutions, security cameras and more.
“Having recently restructured to bring all B2B solutions under one roof, Panasonic now offers a substantial suite of professional AV, SMB, business communications and mobile computing technologies,” said Rance M. Poehler, president, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “Customers are looking for a single manufacturer that can provide innovative and reliable technology solutions, across multiple applications areas, which deliver a high ROI. Over the last few years, we have been moving to meet this need. At InfoComm 2012, we are introducing new products and solutions while highlighting a number of proven technologies that further solidify our ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and partners.”
Professional Display and Digital Signage Solutions
Panasonic has one of the professional AV market’s most comprehensive selections of professional LCD and plasma displays and well as digital signage solutions. At InfoComm 2012, the company announced the following new display and signage solutions:
· LFV50: Panasonic’s first LED video wall display features an ultrathin bezel allowing users to daisy chain multiple displays together. Users can show content on the individual screens or combine the image across multiple displays. With 800-nit brightness, the LFV50 is visible even in well-lit areas. The displays are designed to work in both portrait and landscape orientations.
· PB1 Series: This new interactive, wireless-enabled, HD plasma display offers pixel-for-pixel accuracy and multiple-input drawing capabilities with up to four digital pens. Available at 65” and 85”, these displays can lead to increased productivity in corporate meeting rooms, K-12 classrooms and higher education settings.
· LF50 Series: At 70” and 80”, the 700-nit displays are perfect for customers looking for a seamless, bright, digital signage solution with that “wow” factor. With SLOT 2.0 Architecture, the LF50 offers the expandability to run even the most robust software to meet diverse customer needs in such applications as retail, transportation terminals and corporate boardrooms.
· LF5 Series: Along with Full-HD resolution and a wide viewing angle, the LF5 Series features 500-nit brightness, external control (RS-232C) and VESA mounting and displays crisp, clear images even in bright places. Both the 42” and 47” models are excellent entry-level devices for those needing a reliable display for a simple digital signage application.
Panasonic unveiled a variety of new professional projectors at InfoComm 2012 that delivered on the company’s legacy of innovation, reduced maintenance, ease of operation and simplified installation. New projectors announced at InfoComm include:
· PT-RZ470 and PT-RZ370 Series: The PT-RZ470 and PT-RZ370 Series are the world’s first1 1080p lamp-free projectors with HDBaseT™ technology. The new LED/laser diodes light source offers more than 3,000 lumens while delivering up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation. The 1-Chip DLP™ PT-RZ470 and PT-RZ370 Series will be made available in two different resolutions, 1080p (1,920 x 1,080) and WXGA (1,280 x 800). The projectors offer flexible installation features – including lens shift capability – and deliver professional grade features including Edge Blending and Color Matching, creating an engaging usage experience for educational institutions and professional applications such as museums and digital signage.
· PT-VW431DU: The new PT-VW431DU is the world’s first1 high brightness compact LCD projector with HDBaseT™ technology, which simplifies projector installation, wiring and ongoing maintenance by sending audio, video (including uncompressed HD video), Internet, controls and power over a single Cat5e/6 LAN cable. The PT-VW431DU offers 4,300 lumens and a high contrast ratio of 3,500:1. In addition, the device ensures high image quality even in bright environments, thanks to Panasonic’s Daylight View Basic technology, which uses a built-in sensor to detect and measure the amount of ambient light, adjusting the image according to light condition. To reduce maintenance costs, the projector is equipped with a pleated micro cut filter, which delivers up to 4,000 hours of service.
HD Video Acquisition and Production Solutions
At InfoComm 2012, Panasonic announced the following news relating to its AV-HS410 multi-format smart switcher:
· AV-HS410: Panasonic has announced major enhancements to its AV-HS410 HD/SD “smart” switcher, the most powerful and easiest to use in its class. First, version 2.0 of AV-HS410 switcher firmware is now available as a free upgrade to all HS410 owners at https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/dload/hs410_ver2/agree_e.htm, adding important new functions to the switcher’s already impressive feature set. Also, for the first time in any Panasonic professional video product, an SDK (Software Development Kit) and API (Application Programming Interface) are available to enable the development of versatile custom plug-in programs for the live switcher.
Focus on B2B Solutions
Panasonic’s B2B solutions organization, initially announced in January, is part of an extensive corporate transformation in this region. The new company is structured to align with multiple vertical market and practice areas including: Education, Hospitality, Retail, Broadcast Media and Production, Government, Defense, Public Safety, Healthcare and a range of commercial enterprises, from Automotive, Utilities and Insurance to small-to-medium-size businesses in a variety of markets.
Panasonic will also create new opportunities for the company’s network of more than 12,000 dealers, resellers, systems integrators, wireless carriers, hardware and software providers. These relationships enable Panasonic to tackle complex technology challenges and provide a single, streamlined experience for its customers.
Panasonic for Business Blog
To follow the latest discusions about business technology, head to the Panasonic for Business blog at: www.PanasonicForBusiness.com
1: As of June 1st, 2012.
Panasonic Solutions for Business
Built on a celebrated engineering foundation, Panasonic architects business technology solutions that help build a better world. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to help them acquire, manage and interpret the information that drives innovation. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, high definition visual conferencing, visual communications (professional projectors, displays, digital signage) and HD and 3D video production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, which is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC).
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained by calling 877-803-8492 or at www.panasonic.com.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Based in Secaucus, NJ, Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and services for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC), and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Panasonic was the only Consumer Electronics company to be listed in the top ten brands on the Interbrand Best Global Green Brands 2011 ranking (http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/Best-Global-Green-Brands/2011-Report/BestGlobalGreenBrandsTable-2011.aspx). As part of its continuing efforts to reduce its carbon footprint, Panasonic Corporation of North America will relocate its operations to a new eco-efficient office tower adjacent to a mass transit hub in Newark, NJ in 2013. Information about Panasonic Eco Ideas initiatives is available at http://panasonic.net/eco/ecoideas/. Information about Panasonic and its products is available at www.panasonic.com. Additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
# # #