PANASONIC ANNOUNCES THE LUMIX LZ20, A NEW COMPACT DIGITAL CAMERA WITH POWERFUL 21x OPTICAL ZOOM
LUMIX LZ20 Super Zoom Camera Offers Users Shooting Versatility and Ease-of-Use
July 18, 2012 (Secaucus, NJ) – Panasonic today announced the new LUMIX DMC-LZ20 which features a powerful 25mm ultra wide angle 21x optical zoom(35mm camera equivalent: 25-525mm) lens with Optical Image Stabilizer. A 16-megapixel high resolution CCD sensor and advanced image processing LSI supports shooting both high quality photos and video.
“The LUMIX LX20 is an ideal digital camera for users looking to capture exceptional, high-quality images in a compact camera body,” said Marc Sorkin, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. “The camera’s 21x optical zoom can be extended to 48.5x*1 with the Extra Optical Zoom function to draw in distant subjects which is helpful in shooting dynamic landscapes.”
Blurring caused by a hand movement typically occurs in shooting using a high zoom setting, however, the LUMIX LZ20’s Optical Image Stabilizer prevents blur without deterioration of image quality. Furthermore, linking smoothly with the camera’s 16-megapixel high resolution CCD sensor, the image processor produces high quality images even in high sensitivity recording at ISO 1600 and max. ISO 6400 in High Sensitivity mode.
To provide users with the ultimate ease of operation and reduction of error, the LUMIX LZ2- is equipped with iA (Intelligent Auto) mode. A comprehensive integration of Optical Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure, iA mode lets the camera do all the work so users are free to compose shots, aim and capture the subject. Face Detection sets appropriate AF/AE on the face of people in an image while removing the unwanted red-eye. Intelligent Exposure corrects the brightness in parts of the image that are too dark due to insufficient lighting, backlighting or use of the flash. Finally, Intelligent Scene Selector automatically selects one of six Scene modes - Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and Sunset - that best suits the shooting situation. The LUMIX LZ20 can also produce a dynamic panoramic image in the camera by overlaying pictures shot horizontally or vertically with the Panorama Shot function.
In addition to capturing stunning photographs, the new LUMIX LZ20 also records dynamic HD video in 1280 x 720p at 30 fps in Motion JPEG. Users can enjoy high quality image playback that perfectly fits a wide-screen HDTV for full-screen viewing together with HD (High Definition) photos taken in 16:9 aspect ratio. With the bundled software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.2 Lite Edition, videos can be easily edited and uploaded to YouTube to share with family or friends.
The LUMIX LZ20’s large, 3.0-inch 460,000-dot LCD assures high visibility in various lighting circumstances which is excellent for both shooting and playing back images. The camera’s body design offers users a stable, comfortable grip despite it’s compact size.
Pricing and availability will be announced 30 days prior to shipping. For more information about Panasonic LUMIX digital cameras and lenses, please visit www.panasonic.com/lumix.
*1 At 3-megapixel resolution
• Models of VIERA TV that are capable of playing back Motion JPEG images via the SD Memory card slot vary depending on the sales area.
• Use an SD Memory Card that is "Class 6" or higher speed when recording motion pictures.
* SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
• YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
• All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
• This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
• SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
• If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site. http://panasonic.net/avc/sdcard/information/SDXC.html
• Some accessories are not available in some countries.
• The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company’s portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth’s natural resources and protect our environment through the company’s Eco Ideas programs. Panasonic was the only Consumer Electronics company to be listed in the top ten brands on the Interbrand Best Global Green Brands 2011 ranking. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicdirect, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
# # #
Lori Chiazzo (Panasonic) 201-392-4178 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Unger (Panasonic) 201-392-4571 email@example.com
Blayne Murphy (Cohn & Wolfe) 212-798-9763 firstname.lastname@example.org