Panasonic Introduces a New Wearable – Full HD Camcorder
HX-A100: Point-of-View Active Lifestyle Camera
LAS VEGAS, NV (January 7, 2013) - Panasonic is pleased to announce the HX-A100 Wearable Camcorder, designed to let users easily capture and share images of everyday life such as sports and events.
The compact, lightweight design of the A100 makes it comfortable to wear. By setting the camera on the included Earhook, users can enjoy hands-free shooting without a helmet. A Multi-Mount option is also available for mounting the camera to a helmet or backpack. The waterproof design enables even greater shooting freedom in situations where the camera might get wet.
Another feature of the camera is its built-in Wi-Fi functions, which allows users to broadcast live video with simultaneous Full-HD recording. It also makes it easy to upload recorded images to SNS using a smartphone or tablet.
Despite its compact size and lightweight design, the A100 achieves excellent image quality. Featuring a host of image-enhancing technologies, including a bright F2.5 lens, the BSI Sensor, and Advanced Image Processing LSI, this wearable camera captures clear, low-noise images in both bright and dim lighting situations. It also minimizes shooting mistakes, with an Image Stabilizer to suppress blurring, and a Level Shot function to automatically correct tilted images.
The A100 also offers a large number of advantages that are made possible by Panasonic's long history of camcorder development. This is what makes it possible to shoot and share images with the user's precise line-of-sight perspective for special events, sports activities, and everyday situations.
Features of the A100
- Features an IPX8-compliant waterproof design for safe outdoor shooting in water depth down to -1.5m / 5ft for up to 30min duration.
- Dustproof design allows shooting safely in sandy or dusty environments.
- The Wi-Fi connectivity makes it possible to broadcast live streaming video on Ustream as it is recorded in Full-HD Quality
- Recording can be turned ON/OFF with a smartphone or tablet while watching in live view
- Content can be easily shared on SNS using a smartphone or tablet
- High low-light performance with an F2.5 bright lens, 1/4.1" BSI Sensor, and Advanced Image Processing LSI
- Level Shot for automatic correction of tilting images, which often occur unnoticed
- Image Stabilizer suppresses blurring for crisp and clear images
- Sharp, impressive slow-motion video in HD quality
- Recording formats: 1920 x 1080/60 fps, 1280 x 720/120 fps, 640 x 360/240 fps
- Wind Noise Cut function suppresses excessive wind noise
- 140 minutes of battery life* for extended shooting on a single battery charge
* When recording in Full-HD with Wi-Fi turned off.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company’s portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth’s natural resources and protect our environment through the company’s Eco Ideas programs. In the 2012 Interbrand Annual Best Global Green Brands ranking, the Panasonic brand jumped four spots to number six: http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/Best-Global-Green-Brands/2012-Report.aspx. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicdirect, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
# # #
Dan Unger (Panasonic) 201-392-4571 firstname.lastname@example.org
Blayne Murphy (Cohn & Wolfe) 212-798-9763 email@example.com