1. How can I turn the volume up on the KXTG1000N?
Push the Up arrow on the handset while you're talking to a caller.
2. How do I adjust the volume on the KX-TGA100N handset?
To change the volume on the KX-TGA100N handsets:
- Press the Talk or Speakerphone button
- Press the VOL button (left arrow under display)
- Press the right or left arrows to adjust volume up or down
- Press OK (center button)
This information can be found in the user manual for both the KX-TG1000 (page 20) and the KX-TG1050N (page 27).
3. What should I do if the Message Alert on KX-TG1050N is not working?
Try checking the volume level. If the volume was set too low on the base, the audible message tone won't be heard. Many users turn the volume level down on the base because they don't want to hear the outgoing message. If the volume or any other button is pressed after a message is recorded, the unit acts as if the message was played and the audible tone won't be heard again until a new message is recorded.
4. Do I have to deregister a handset before I return or exchange it?
Yes. Make sure you have removed the phone line before following the deregistration procedures below:
For KXTG1000 only
The base unit must be connected to the AC adapter and the power must be on
Press the following sequence of buttons on the base unit: * * 3 3 5 7 8 2
When the display reads "Enter Base ID", deregistration has been completed successfully
For KXTG1050 only
Disconnect the AC adapter
Hold the Locator button down while you plug in the AC adapter
When the Power light flashes, release the Locator button
Immediately press and hold the Locator button again, and release when the In Use light flashes
The Charge light should flash for 4 to 6 seconds and then turn off
When the Charge light stops flashing, press Locator again
In about 20 seconds, the handsets will deregister. When the displays read "Enter Base ID", deregistration has been completed successfully.