1. How do I program my TV remote control to control my VCR (or other component)?
First, make sure that your remote control can be used with different product brands.
If none of the codes work, use the no-code-found method:
- Hold down "Action" and "Power" at the same time for at least 5 seconds. (If it is a lighted remote, all the component buttons will begin to blink.)
- Press the button of the component that you wish to control (eg. VCR, DVD etc)
- Enter the 3-digit code listed in the manual.
- Point the remote at the component and press power to see if the unit turns on.
- If it is not successful, try the next code listed.
- Press Action and Power for 5 seconds.
- Press the button of the component that you wish to control.
- Press Vol+ then press Power while pointing the remote at the component. Keep pressing the Vol+ then Power until the component turns on or off.
- When the component turns on, press the Action button to lock in the code. If this method fails, the remote will not be able to control that component.
2. My TV turns off by itself. How do I correct this?
Brief power outages may cause the TV to turn off on its own. If you are using a surge protector, try connecting the set directly to the wall outlet. If this does not correct the problem, you may need to have your TV serviced.
3. Why canít I get any sound from my TV?
Make sure the TV is not in SAP mode and that the TV speakers are set to "on" in the Audio setup menu. If a cable box is being used, make sure the volume is turned up.
4. My TV is connected to the stereo/surround receiver and I get sound from the TV, but there is no sound coming from my stereo/surround system. What should I do?
Make sure that you have connected the receiver to the audio output (marked "to audio amp") on the back of the TV, not the inputs. Some of the earlier TV models do not have audio outputs. If you have the TV set to TV speakers "on" or "Off and VAO" in the Audio menu, you will need to make sure the volume is turned up on the TV as well as the receiver.
5. CHK001 is appearing in the corner of my screen. How do I get this off?
Reset the TV by pressing "Action" and "Power" together for at least 5 seconds or until the unit turns off.
6. I just connected my new DVD player to my TV, but I canít get a picture from the DVD player.
Make sure that the TV is in Video mode by pressing the TV/Video button and verify that itís connected to the audio/video inputs on the TV.
7. Why canít I receive any stations above channel 13?
If an antenna is being used, change the mode from Cable to TV in the setup menu, then perform the auto program procedure. If cable is being used, change the mode from TV to Cable, then perform the auto program procedure.
8. My remote control doesnít go to all the channels when I use the "Ch up" and "Ch down" keys. What is the problem?
If you have a VCR, make sure that it is turned off. Then perform the auto program procedure. If the problem continues, make sure that channel scan is set to "All" in the Favorites menu.
9. The parental lock has been set on my TV and I donít know the code. Is there a way to override this?
Reset the TV by pressing "Action" and "Power" together on the TV itself (not the remote) for at least 5 seconds or until the unit turns off.
10. The TV didn't come with an antenna. Can I have one sent to me?
Most Panasonic TVs do not come with an antenna. Only 9" TVs, 13" TVs and 9" combo units come with an antenna.